Centre for Medicines Information and Pharmaceutical Care (CMIPC) is a centre established by University of Surabaya in 1999, in collaboration with Nottingham University, United Kingdom (UK), and with the support from the British Council Higher Education Link (HEL).
PIOLK is established to facilitate, support, and ensure the effectiveness, safety, and rationality of treatment by providing impartial, no commercial bias, and scientifically proven information.
Vision and Mission
a centre of excellence for practice;
a model centre;
a resource and training centre.
To promote the rational use of medicines (effective, safe, and affordable) and appreciate the patient choice, through:
- Active and passive provision of medicines information to all sectors of health professionals and the community;
- Formulation and development of pharmaceutical services (clinical and community pharmacy);
- Continuing education and training on medicines information as well as pharmaceutical services;
- Research on the practice of pharmacy
- Development of cooperation with institutions, agencies, NGOs, and communities
2009 – PIOLK has been ISO 9001-2000 certified by Bureau Veritas (BV);
2010 – PIOLK has been ISO 9001-2008 certified by Bureau Veritas (BV) – 4 procedures.
2012 – The ISO 9001-2008 procedures have been increased to 6 procedures and certified by Bureau Veritas (BV).
2018 – PIOLK has been ISO 9001:2015 of Quality Management System and certified by BSI, Royal Charter
2009 – Winner of 5R Competition
2011 – The most favorite winner or 5R Competition
2012 – Winner and Best of the Best Winner of 5R Competition